We recommend our patients to come for a check-up once every 6 months in order to avoid further dental diseases e.g. endodontic therapy, prosthetic treatment, periodontopathies e.t.c
During your visit what we will check and do:
- Check for dental decay and any mouth abnormality and diseases
- Scaling and root planning with ultrasonic and hand instruments to remove plaque, supragingival calculus and subgingival calculus
- Air-abrasion and polishing
- Fluorization (remineralization of the early carious lesions)
Further treatments we can do in preventive dentistry in some cases are:
- Fissure sealants: mostly we use them for children but nowadays is necessary for adults as well.
What is fissure sealant-> we use special dental materials in the deep or irregular dental fissure system of molars and premolars in order to prevent dental carries.
We can use 2 methods of fissure sealants treatment.
- Non-invasive: apply of fissure sealant material without removal tooth structure
- Invasive: apply fissure sealant material while removal necessary damaged tooth structure